Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fine Art :: Pastel :: June

Date of Birth > 22 June 2007

Materials > Dark Brown Pastel Paper, soft pastel and fixative spray.

Main Colours > Purple tint, Poppy red tint, Cadminium orange tint, Ultramarine tint, Cream white, Dark brown, Intense black, Grass-green tint, Blue-green tint.

Pastel Techniques > Blending, Optical mixing and Scumbling light over dark.

Spent Time > 10 hours

Description > This pastel is about two different worlds. They are meet, they are just side by side with the river, and two moons are ovelapping in the June sky.

Extension > It is the first finalized work i pass up to my trainning company(Hatchling Game). Even my teamates are very satisficate with the result, but for me, it is still long to go to improve my skills. Aufgeben Nichts! (Never give up!) This is for myself and for everyone who is doing the best for their dreams. Muak!!

Actually the reason i named her "June" is because for me, this pastel represent "love" in the another side. After i finish my pastel, i sit in front of her for almost one hours, just to give my new born baby a name. It give me a thinking that it is just like a girl (dark world) and a boy (greenie world). They are meet in the springtime, in the lovely June. When they are meet, their world are overlapping, their life is changing. They will never know what kind of new world are waiting for them. It is such like when the darker world and the greenie world is overlapped, we can't predict what will be the colour for the new world. Anyway, all of this is just my thinks, maybe after you see this, you will come out with another idea. Please just share with me.

1 comment:

kuanzai said...

This is the best art I saw from my lover hand. It very "pastel" feel. Drawing not about to give a real look of something but to tell a story or feeling from it.

JUNE gave a strong contrast feeling all over the painting. It's can give different meaning to everything. It's like you see love in the paint. It might mean something to someone else.

For me, it's mean change, improvement. Just like you, great improvement.